How I can help you
Deborah has a diverse background in business, training and education. Her most recent positions were Director of Entrepreneurship and Business Instructor at Wake Tech Community College. In these roles, she helped a diverse range of people start or grow their businesses. She also taught students the fundamentals of business including entrepreneurship, marketing, sales, management and customer relations. Deb is certified in life and career coaching, and has opened her own business, Self-Empower Coaching to help mature professionals manage their career transitions effectively; this includes small business start-up. In addtion to volunteering with SCORE, Deb is a volunteer board member of the local chapter of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and is a volunteer career coach at Dress for Success.
- Teaching and training business fundamentals with focus on entrepreneurship
- Coaching dissatisfied corporate executives to move up or move on
- Advising young professionals about their career plans
- Building the infrastructure of a marketing department including positioning, branding, strategy development, promotion and metrics.
- Managing teams to accomplish organizational goals
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Professional & Business Services
MAS, Business Management, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
BS, Medical Technology, Neumann University, Aston, PA
Certified Life & Career Coach, Coach Training Alliance, CO
Certified DreamBuilder Coach, Life Mastery Institute, CA